Apply for a 2018 4 Our Freedom 5k Grant!
ParadeRest, Virginia, a local non-profit organization expressing gratitude to our military, their families, and veterans, will proudly host the 7th Annual 4 Our Freedom 5k at the University of Virginia Research Park on Saturday, June 2, 2018. Over the past seven years, this race has become one of the largest foot races in the region, and has raised over $660,000 to benefit members of the military, veterans, and/or their families.
In 2018 the race will once again benefit local non-profits that support members of the military, veterans, and/or their families in our local community. ParadeRest is currently accepting applications from organizations that meet the eligibility requirements below, and desire this funding.
Deadline and Procedures
Application Due: November 1, 2017
Please email completed your application to: Tom Freshwater at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 4OF5K Grants Subcommittee will screen applications. Representatives from organizations may be asked to attend a follow-on in-person interview. ParadeRest anticipates selecting
between one to five beneficiaries for 2018. Each year the amount a beneficiary receives varies depending upon donations from sponsors and race registrations, but ParadeRest estimates that
beneficiaries may receive up to $10,000, to be disbursed in late June, 2018.
While there is no specific format or template for your application, ParadeRest will give preference to applications that provide the following:
- Organization information (address, phone number, website address)
- Contact person’s name, title, phone, email
- Organization’s mission statement
- A listing of the primary programs and services of your organization
- Number of military, veterans, and/or family members served by your organization in the past 12 months
- A statement requesting a specified amount of funding, and a corresponding statement explaining how any funds received from the 4OF5K race will be used to benefit members of the military, veterans, and/or their families at no cost to their constituents within Virginia Planning District 10 (the City of Charlottesville, and the surrounding counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna,
Greene, Louisa and/or Nelson). Organizations must also state they agree to provide a Final Report at the end of calendar year 2018, signed by the Executive Director/President outlining how the funds were or are being expended to benefit members of the military, veterans, and/or their families in our local community.
- There are many organizational tasks that need to occur in the months and weeks leading up to the race, as well as on race day. Please provide a statement noting how your organization and personnel may be able to assist the 4OF5K Race Committee to advertise and conduct the race, such as marketing, soliciting sponsorships, pre-race set up, volunteer packet pick up, and race day logistics.
- Proof of current nonprofit and tax exempt status, as defined by Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and the Virginia Tax Code.
- Evidence that the organization is directed and managed by an active, local/regional, non-paid, volunteer Board of Directors that meets at least quarterly each year, and effectively manages the affairs of the organization.
- Most recent Fiscal Year IRS 990.